Cyprus are you ready? The iFXEXPO is just over a week away and is set to welcome some of the world’s most influential finance and fintech gurus. Taking place from 21-23 May 2019, this eagerly anticipated summit will follow an exciting schedule and offers the perfect chance to mingle with thought leaders and make new business connections. There will also be iced coffee, pizza and a bunch of sweet-treat freebies, not that we checked. Let’s countdown to the iFXEXPO.
Preparing for the Expo
Time is ticking. By now hopefully you’re ticking items off your checklist. Preparing for an expo is far from easy, but be sure to:
- Organise your marketing materials including handouts, business cards, brochures, e-books and anything else necessary to showcase your company at the event.
- Make sure any online content you’re promoting is up-to-scratch and ensure your followers know you’re going to be at the event in case they want to connect with you.
- Think about how your booth will look and how to attract attendees.
- Do your homework. Who will be there? Who do you want to meet? Setting up meetings in advance is the way to enjoy an organised expo.
- Check out the panel of speakers and schedule which talks to attend. Work out a swap-over system so all of your team members can gain valuable insights from some of the most knowledgeable people in the industry. This information can then be circulated.
- The Contentworks crew will be there as media partners, so why not book a 1-minute booth interview with our team and receive a content marketing prize? We’re a pretty generous lot. And don’t worry, the questions aren’t too taxing!
What to Expect
As one of the largest financial business to business events in the world, the iFXEXPO Limassol knows how to impress. In fact, we spent time with super expo organiser Sarah who showed us that this year’s event will be the biggest yet. More attendees, more screens, more speakers, more sponsors and more pizza!
There’s plenty going on over the three-day summit with highlights including:
- Impressive exhibitors
Palais des Sports Spyros Kypriannou will be packed with almost 200 booths. Businesses will be showcasing the very best of what they have to offer. So, expect demos, mind-boggling ideas, cutting-edge technology, product samples and riveting conversation.
One of the best ways to get the most out of your EXPO experience is to network and delve deeper into innovative ideas and concepts. You can maximise the learning experience by being social and connecting with field experts who have gathered under one roof! Don’t be afraid to ask questions. And remember to hand out those all-important business cards where appropriate.
- Insightful speakers
The iFXEXPO Limassol doesn’t do things by halves. Every year, big industry names take to the stage to engage in debate and discussion – and this year’s no different. We are really looking forward to 2019’s speaker panel which has confirmed guests including:
- Evita Reshti – Analytical Consultant at Google
- Slava Jefremov – CEO at CoinMedia
- Demetra Kalogerou – Chairwoman at CySEC
- Michael Pearl – Head of News and Intelligence at Finance Magnates
- Helen Astaniou- CMO at TIOmarkets
- Epic parties
The great thing about the EXPO is that it’s not all work and no play. From the welcome party at the prestigious Columbia Beach resort, a beautiful seafront location with an abundance of style. To the official EXPO party which this year is taking place at the city’s glamorous Dolce Theama club, there’s plenty of fun to be had late into the evenings. For those with endless stamina, the closing party will be back at Columbia Beach and is a great way to finish off the event.
Top tip- we heard a rumour that temperatures will again be super high for this year’s iFXEXPO so be sure to stay hydrated and cool!
The days are whizzing by and the iFXEXPO will be in full swing before you know it! So, get your EXPO plan in place and enjoy three-days to remember! See you there.